Saturday, May 17, 2014

That #Selfie song...

Last night I heard "#Selfie" and today I finally got to watching it.  Not that I really liked it - I just wanted to see if there was really anything great about it.

A YouTube video of it is here:

I think it was only popular because it featured a pop culture phenomenon that catered to the viral video attention span of a lot of Internet or smart device users.  Other than that the song had standard dance music fanfare.  I didn't appreciate the snobby, Mean Girls-esque gossip girl speaking in a bratty voice in the song.

I usually don't do music reviews and I know I'm talking about "old" stuff here.

Oh, and by the way, that'll only be the few times I actually use a hashtag... unless I make a joke about hashtags.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments respectful, clean, and free of shortened links. Any links posted with irrelevant links or links that are not easily recognized to be safe will not be accepted in any comment.